Electrical Consulting Articles
Automation Engineering Articles
How to Disaster-Proof Your Control System
- Control system design should include disaster planning to take into account power interruptions. Control and production data need to be backed up in the case of a large-scale catastrophe.
- Depending on the difficulty of interruptions, severity of the consequences or governing regulations, some applications require PLC redundancy to keep people and equipment safe.
Types of Redundancies
- The type of redundancy to implement in a PLC system depends on the consequences of an equipment failure to the production system, to the products in the queue and to the business continuity.
Fiber Optic Network Outage
- Fiber optic networks need to be designed for reliability and durability or communication outages will inconvenience people and industrial control systems.
Project Management - Project Engineering Process
Project Management Process
- A successful project usually has a high-level project manager or project engineer to make sure things stay on track.">
- The engineering process is clear and concise and follows a well practiced guidelines that delivers success.
- This article describes the necessary steps to complete a successful engineering project.